|Red Mangrove Estuary by Kevin Songer|
My hope is we can all learn and appreciate nature even more through ecological art and that our communities reflect love and appreciation of mother nature.
Through education we will learn to cherish and protect our natural surroundings. Through art this education can become reality.
From common wildflowers growing on a roof, wall or planted in a garden to rare and endangered species struggling to survive within critical habitat, nature calls to us all.
Come here often for more nature. Share, learn, love and prosper. This is what mother nature desires for us all.
Todays art piece is my illustration of a red mangrove estuary, one similar to those found here along Sanibel Island's shoreline just west of Fort Myers, Florida.
The nature features found inn the illustration include:
- Red mangrove, Rhizophora mangle and propagules;
- Railroad vine, Ipomoea pes-caprae;
- Blue-eyed darner, Aeshna multicolor;
- Fiddler crabs, Uca pugnax;
- Barnacles, Crustacea; and
- the constellation of Cancer (the crab) the second most biologically diverse ecosystem in the world - the mangrove estuary.
If you wish to purchase a signed and numbered copy of the Red Mangrove Estuary glicee print on canvas for $375 plus tax and shipping, click on the Paypal button below.