Friday, February 12, 2016

Railroad Vine Mandala, Ipomoea pes-caprae Gíclee on Gloss Aluminum Plate

Mandala art form has always touched my heart.  I see the infinite cosmos and minute life forms flowing through the circular designs.
Railroad Vine Mandala Ipomoea pes-caprae, 16" dia Gíclee on Gloss Aluminum by Kevin Shea
Working on a collection of native plant mandala's I began to really become attracted to the luminescent railroad vine, Ipomoea pes-caprae.

Railroad vine grows in the salty sands of frontal dunes and attracts so very many beachfront pollinator insects as well as me, too.

I invite you to journey into railroad vine mandala.  You can actually hear the waves come ashore then flow back into the deep.  With wind in your hair, sand between your toes and salt on your lip, let railroad mandala minister peace to your urban soul!

Really, I just love the colors of this Florida native plant.

If you'd like a 16" diameter Gíclee on gloss aluminum with a hanger attached, then please order below. The 16" diameter railroad vine mandala is a limited edition production, 250 total and each piece is signed and numbered.

Thank you!

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.  My email is kssonger@gmail.com


No comments: