Sunday, October 22, 2023

Look to Qigong and Nature Wildlife Recording as Health Therapy

Turning to time in the outdoors and working with Qigong has paid off for me physically and mentally.

Alligators can be quite vocal in the SMNWR

Lately I've been helping someone obtain their disability entitlement. This required much time filling out paperwork and driving, sometimes even going out of state.  All in all we were successful however the stress was significant.  Trying to navigate bureaucracies usually comes with constant challenges.  Drving for hours at night under heavy rainfall is even more stressful.

So living with aortic dissection now during the flu season I found myself stressing to the point of heart palpitations. The palpitations have receded now though and I can thank my Qigong meditation and breathing practice, as well as spending more time working with my Sony recorders in the marshes and swamps of the St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge.

Hiking out in nature is a form of moving meditation and really has had a positive impact on both my physical and mental health. More soon.

No comments: