|Creeping fig, Florida Living Walls, Orlando|
It is important to always check to make sure a landscape plant is not listed by regulatory agencies as invasive, and creeping fig, Ficus pumila, is not on any invasive lists I am aware of. The plant is actually a relatively slow grower.
Here the plant is also shown growing on the historical Lady of LaLeche Chapel in St. Augustine.
|Creeping Fig, Ficus pumila, living walls, Chaplel LaLeche, St. Augustine|
- Reduce urban heat island effect
- Provide habitat for wildlife and insects
- Sequester carbon
- Produce oxygen
- Create a sense of place and add immense beauty
- Integrate in natural pest control
- Serve as insulation
- and provide so many more benefits!