Tuesday, September 1, 2020

How A Butterfly May See My Art



Compound eyes (like all eyes) are amazing.  I am always astounded with the beauty and technological finesse Mother Nature provides.

My Florida nature art appears a certain way to myself and other humans but I've always wondered how a butterfly may see one of my linocuts with acrylic featuring Passiflora incarnata.


With a scanner and a little enlightening effort I used a recent block print press with added acrylic pigment to form the basis of the image a compound eye might process.  The result was quite interesting.  For me too many repetitive patterns become confusing after a while.  But I suppose if I had compound eyes I'd get used to the complexity.

As always, I learn so much from Mother nature.  And there is still so much to learn.

No comments: