Thursday, April 1, 2021

Bioacoustics, Healing Night Language of Frogs

 This audio is an hour clip of the nighttime calls of many different species of frogs living in a shallow, freshwater coastal pond in Northern Florida.



Here is the link to the audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxGYzO7fmrU&t=1101s

I find these calls to be relaxing and calming, bringing back memories of my childhood when I'd spend the night with my grandparents in their Spanish style stucco house near the everglades in Miami.

With the large windows wide open, the nighttime calls and conversations of the many frogs living in the dense vegetation echoed into the bedroom.

Today listening to these frog calls I am transported back to a treasured period in my childhood, a period full of nature's healing.

No comments: