Sunday, February 20, 2022

Surinam Cockroach and Organic Hemp Cultivation

 These photos are of the Surinam burrowing cockroach, Pycnoscelus surinamensis, also known as the greenhouse cockroach, an exotic pest insect originally found in south to southeast Asia.

Surinam Cockroach, a potential key pest for hemp plants

Though preferring tropical or subtropical climates, the Surinam cockroach is now recognized to thrive in temperate zones also.

Surinam cockroach is often considered an economic risk pest especially in greenhouse settings. This roach is susceptible to solar desiccation and usually ventures out at night, where in the greenhouse it has been documented to eat tender buds and plant tips.

Surinam cockroach is one of the few insects that can commonly reproduce through female cloning without male sperm. This process is referred to as parthenogenesis. Studies have shown that multiple generations of the Surinam cockroach exist in the same location without the presence of even one male.
Surinam Cockroach in the hemp garden

Because the Surinam cockroach can damage tender buds and plant tips, any roach favorable habitat such as piles of wood, trash or stacks of nursery pots should be cleaned and either disposed of or organized appropriately.

I try and encourage bird presence in areas where I've identified this pest insect as birds will prey on this insect.

Understanding the preferred habitat and taking steps to integrate predatory management approaches in the hemp cultivation plan can lead to a successful Surinam cockroach control program.

22 comments:

Irwin Kempton said...

You have shared a very informative Article. I was looking for this kind of unique information. Please share more related information so I can get more knowledge.
-Delta 8 Vape Cartridge For Sale

Pest control In Dubai said...

Remove the fly in your house in Dubai. This time the weather is so much change and the flies are so much, so if you want to remove that then contact us.
Cockroach control In Dubai

Mr Elijah said...

Thank you so much for your post; it gave us an excellent idea.
CBD Hand Cream UK.
+44 20 3319 2539.

Mr Elijah said...


You've given us a great idea, so thank you very much for your post.
Best Scissors For Trimming Bud

Jeff Andersen said...

Great share!One of the best blogs I have Ever Seen. Keep going!
CBDV Tincture

Ghenz Hawks said...

This Article is Awesome. It’s help me a lot. Sir,Please keep up your good work. We always with you and Waiting for your new interesting articles.CBD Vape Pens

James William said...

I usually like to read well-written articles, like the one I discovered in your post. You have my sincere gratitude for this article.
Broad Spectrum CBD Ointment

Alex Carter said...


Just what I needed has appeared. Thank you for giving this crucial knowledge. It has numerous benefits.
White Label CBD

Mr Elijah said...

This is an excellent article. Your essay is very easy to understand.
Delta 8 THCP Distillate.

Jennifer Jhons said...

I adore your work, and it inspires me a lot.
Mint Flavored CBD Oil

Trent Alexander said...

We sincerely thank you for your writing, which inspired us to act.Tattoo Oil

Martin Morris said...

Wonderful website This blog is fantastic, and I just recently found it. Although the vocabulary on this blog is excellent, what matters most is its simplicity and clarity. This blog is fantastic, and I just recently found it. The writing on this site is most important for its clarity and simplicity.
Delta 9 THCP

Tom Latham said...

I really appreciate what you're doing, my friend; it's fantastic.
Full Spectrum CBD Tincture

Toni Muller said...

You impart knowledge in a unique method from other people. I appreciate you sharing this original article so much. I must thank you so that you can continue to write interesting stuff for us. 5000mg CBD Tincture

Sarah Lehmann said...

Excellent website This is a blog I've never seen before, and I really like it. The most important aspect is that the content on this site is presented in a way that is both understandable and clear. CBD Recovery Cream

Sarah Lehmann said...

It's crucial to stress how interesting and high-quality this stuff is. Please keep me updated, because I value the time and effort you are putting into this. Wholesale CBD Oil For Pets

CBD Provisions said...

support and Love from my team

Tom Latham said...

I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. I am really thank full for you for this post.CBD CBN Tincture

Toni Muller said...

We greatly like your essay because it gave us some great ideas. CBD Gummies 750mg

Raymond Goodwil said...

This is a fantastic article. Your essay is quite simple to comprehend. Thank you for sharing this informative information with us.
Raymond Goodwill |H4CBD Gummies

James Daniel said...


I'm delighted that the essential information I needed has surfaced. Appreciate your provision of this vital knowledge; it carries numerous advantages.

James Daniel | cannabis content writing services

George Alexander said...

I appreciate well-crafted articles like the one you shared. Thank you for providing such valuable content. Your contribution is genuinely appreciated, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to read it.

George Alexander | Online homeschooling programs